If you’re worried about your internet’s security being compromised or you’re just down to watch some Netflix in other regions of the world, then maybe you’ve already looked up a whole bunch of VPNs that can help you on your way.
VPNs are great as they can offer fast speeds when trying to connect servers from other countries, reliable security that will keep you and your information protected from prying eyes whilst also having a bunch of helpful features that can enhance your browsing capabilities.
One of the VPNs you may already have come across is NordVPN and it’s currently the world’s leading VPN provider and serves over 14 million users worldwide and has been endorsed by some big names such as Forbes, BBC, Yahoo Tech, and Buzzfeed.
However, the world’s leading VPN provider doesn’t come for free I’m afraid and a subscription can cost you nearly $12 for a monthly plan.
Although, as much as the raving reviews claim that NordVPN is the best around, how do you know if it’s for you and how do you go about trying to save your money from being wasted if you don’t like it?
A free trial of course!
A free trial will allow you to test out the VPN and its features to find out if it’s for you and then you can cancel if you don’t get on with it. This means that you’ll pay nothing but you’ll still be able to test out the VPN.
All sounds great, right? Unfortunately, NordVPN doesn’t currently offer a free trial for its users, but it does offer something better and allows you the opportunity to make full access to its range of features before you decide to commit to a paid subscription.
What VPN does offer is a 30-day money-back guarantee program that allows you to get a full refund for the month that you did pay completely risk-free.
We know, it does sound a bit too good to be true, however, it’s pretty easy to go through the process and also means you’ll be able to try out NordVPN for free before you commit to paying the subscription.
So if you’re interested in finding out about how to secure your 30-day money-back guarantee ‘free trial’ from NordVPN, keep on reading and follow our simple guide to get started.
We’ll also be giving you a brief background into what you get with your ‘free’ NordVPN trial and how you can go about securing some other free trials from competitor VPNs.
How To Set Up Your Free NordVPN Trial: A Simple Guide
If you’ve already signed up to NordVPN previously then you may not be able to secure the free trial/money-back guarantee. That’s unless you choose to use an alternative email to claim the free trial.
- Go to the NordVPN website and find where it says 30-day money-back guarantee and click Start Now and it should take you to the subscription page.
- Choose your subscription length (this shouldn’t matter if you’re only here to get a free 30 days of VPN provision). The site may also automatically add extra security and privacy features via tick boxes at the bottom so ensure you deselect them as you’ll be charged extra for this and won’t get your money back.
- You’ll then be required to create an account and then provide your payment details, you can even pay through cryptocurrency if you want additional privacy. If you want to ensure no money gets taken out of your bank, then you could consider using a credit card instead of a debit card so you won’t have to wait for the money to be returned.
- You’ll receive a welcome email from NordVPN in the inbox of the email you signed up with and you’ll be required to activate your account
- Somewhere on the email, there should be a link for you to download the NordVPN app onto your devices, so click this button and it’ll take you back to the NordVPN website
- Scroll down on the web page until you find the options for different devices and click on the link for the device you have (e.g smartphone, tablet, laptop) and then press the download button and it should begin to download to your device
- Once it has been downloaded to your device, you’ll need to go through the final installations steps to complete the process and then launch NordVPN on your device
- Select a specific server that you want to use (e.g if you want to watch UK Netflix then select a UK server) or you can click quick connect and it’ll automatically connect to you to the best server
- You can now use NordVPN as you wish for the next 30 days and then if you don’t want to continue with your subscription and want a refund for the 30 days you’ve used (whatever the reason may be) then follow the next steps.
- Go to the NordVPN website and launch the 24/7 live chat service to begin the process to get your refund.
- You’ll be required to speak to the chatbot first where you’ll need to enter ‘I want a refund’ or ‘refund’ and type in what card you paid with for the subscription and you’ll then be transferred to a live agent (a real person)
- The live agent will ask you a few questions, mainly about why you want to cancel and they may even try to offer you a discounted subscription rate to continue the service but just try to be clear that you just want a refund and don’t wish to declare why you want one
- They should then confirm that an order for your refund has been replaced and your money should be returned to your bank account within 5 to 10 days depending on what day you requested your refund
Please note that if you try to cancel your subscription and get a refund after the 30 days and after your subscription has renewed then you won’t be able to get a refund through the 30-day money-back guarantee unless ‘applicable law provides otherwise’ according to NordVPN’s refund and cancellation policy.
So It’s Not A Free Trial?
No, as we mentioned, NordVPN does not offer a free trial but they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee completely risk-free which is better as you’ll have full access to the wide range of features that NordVPN has to offer.
Normally free trials will only give you limited access to the range of features that they have to offer which means you might not be able to make full use of the fast speeds and may even face data caps which limits what functions you can do using the VPN.
A free trial for a VPN may also not ensure that your security online is fully protected, leaving that feature only available to paying customers, which means whilst you think you’re signing up for full anonymity and protection online when going for a free trial, you could leave yourself vulnerable.
It’s also very rare for VPNs (or good ones that is) to offer a 30-day free trial to test their service – they’re normally limited to 24 hours or maybe even stretch for 7 days. After all, most of us do use the internet every day so we’ll have plenty of opportunities to test out the VPN which won’t take 30 days to conclude.
Most of the best VPNs out there aside from NordVPN ExpressVPN and CyberGhost offer a money-back guarantee period where you’ll be given full access to the features within their premium plans to try out.
If you wanted to try to use VPNs as much as possible without paying, then you could sign up for a 30-day money-back guarantee plan for a different VPN provider each month and then even switch to alternative emails to sign up with them. You didn’t hear that advice from us though…
Why Should You Choose NordVPN
Now we did say that NordVPN is the leading VPN provider in the world with over 14 million users and has received rave reviews from some global influential brands, but why exactly should you choose NordVPN and what can their service do for you?
Main Things To Shout Home About
- 5154 Servers in 60 countries worldwide
- No logging of your activity
- Superfast connections (The fastest VPN on the planet)
- Blocks ads and malware
- Automatic Kill Switch
- Connection to specialty servers
- Secures 6 devices at once
- Live chat support 24/7
Stream Content From Other Regions
One of the main things the everyday internet uses NordVPN for is to stream TV shows, movies, or even live sports or events from the official websites or channels with rapid speeds and not signing up to dodgy websites.
This means you won’t have to use unsafe websites that have 100 advertisements you need to close to click the play button or have your security compromised by bugs.
This means if you’re in the US and you want to watch British soccer live then you’ll be able to do so without going through any unreliable third-party websites which will probably be shut down halfway through the stream.
Unfortunately, as of the moment, NordVPN is having some difficulty securing connections to Netflix in many locations across the globe, but this is deemed a temporary issue and the team at NordVPN is hoping to get this problem fixed soon.
So if you were counting on the VPN to access Netflix in another part of the world, then we’d hold off until they get this problem resolved.
As for other streaming sites though, NordVPN works great, including Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, ABC, and many more, there is an abundance of new shows for you to watch.
Whether you’re choosing to stream TV shows from another region or game online, you won’t have to experience the dreaded bad connection due to the unlimited data and bandwidth that you’ll have access to during your 30-day money-back guarantee period with NordVPN.
No Missing Your Favorite Shows When Traveling
NordVPN comes in handy when you’re traveling to different regions as well. If you’re on business in the UK but you’re currently hooked on a TV show that’s only airing in the US, then you’ll be able to stay up to date and connect to a US server to continue watching your new favorite show.
NordVPN even works in China, which is quite rare as China’s firewall is strong. However, you should make sure to download and set up your NordVPN before you travel to China as you won’t be able to access the website to install it whilst you’re there.
Connect 6 Devices Simultaneously
NordVPN also allows you to have 6 simultaneous connections which means you can connect many of your own devices to their servers at the same time, or even have the whole family connected to different servers online.
NordVPN is also available on a wide range of devices from Xbox, Amazon Fire Stick, Raspberry Pi, MacOS, Nintendo Switch, iPads, and loads more. So we do not doubt that you’ll have at least one device in your home that will be compatible with NordVPN so you can stay protected at all times.
24/7 Customer Support
Customer support at NordVPN is flawless and offers quick and efficient service whatever your query may be. If your problem is too complex for the live agent to answer there and then, then they’ll work hard to gather the information required from the relevant people and report back to you as quickly as possible (normally within 2 days) via email.
Not only this, but if you’re new to VPNs or struggling to understand how to make full use out of all the features you’ve got on your plan, then you can watch their generous selection of tutorials and guides available on their website which are easy to understand, even for the least tech-savvy users amongst you.
Top Security Features
Going with NordVPN will keep your internet security protected and your identity anonymous at all times, giving you peace of mind when streaming content from blocked sites or even gaming online.
NordVPN blocks malware-hosting websites and annoying ads to protect your computer system. Your internet traffic is completely protected and NordVPN ensures no data leaks, which can also be tested using their DNS leak test.
You can also combine your NordVPN encryption with the anonymity provided by the Onion Router as well as masking your IP address so your internet activity isn’t tracked and giving you a dedicated IP address that can only be used by you.
The Kill Switch Feature offered by NordVPN will ensure your data is not exposed for even a split second.
NordVPN offers multi-factor authentication to help secure your Nord account so no one else can access it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Just Use A Free VPN Instead Of Bothering With The Money-Back Guarantee Method?
You can but then you’re also putting your data and possibly some of your security at risk.
There’s a reason why the best VPNs require subscription fees and that’s because VPN providers have to pay massive fees to maintain their hardware for large networks and keep all their users secure. Free VPNs won’t offer the same features as paid VPNs.
Are There Other VPNs With Free Trials Or Money-Back Guarantees?
Yes, many other VPNs offer these sorts of ‘free trials’ including ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, IP Vanish, PrivateVPN, and PIA.
As we mentioned, this doesn’t technically count as a free trial, but the 30-day money-back period that NordVPN does offer is just as good, if not better, and gives you full access to their amazing and security-enhanced features to allow you to browse, game, or watch content online with peace of mind.
Unlike a free trial, the 30-day money-back guarantee that is offered by NordVPN does not limit the access you have to their features, meaning you can make a proper decision about whether you like the service they provide before committing to paying the subscription the next month.
Albeit, if you do want to continue with your subscription, then you won’t be able to get a refund for your 30-days as this classifies you as being happy with the service that NordVPN has provided.
Alternatives to NordVPN
If you’ve tried NordVPN and looking for some other quality VPN providers that offer good features, great service, and additionally a money-back guarantee period then you can try ExpressVPN who offers 30 days risk-free, or your money back if you’re not 100% satisfied.
CyberGhost offers an almighty 45-day money-back guarantee period whilst you take their VPN service for a test drive allowing you to protect 7 devices simultaneously, safeguard your browsing experience whilst also remaining 100% digitally anonymous.
Another VPN that offers a money-back guarantee period is Private Internet Access (PIA) and they offer 30 days risk-free that comes with unlimited bandwidth and access to content worldwide.
PrivateVPN is another provider that offers a 30-day money-back period if you’re not satisfied with the service they have provided.
IP Vanish also offers a 30-days risk-free if you opt for an annual or 2-year premium plan, but this isn’t widely advertised on their homepage and will mainly notify you of this when you choose to click through their subscribe button.
We guess they don’t want people just trying to get a free trial and want users who are genuine about subscribing to their service.
- 6 Steps to Secure Your Privacy on Top Social Media Platforms - September 4, 2023
- 5 Ways to Minimise Your Digital Footprint Today - September 2, 2023
- Understanding Your Digital Footprint: What Is It and Why Does It Matter? - August 24, 2023